For the complete list of panels, check out the main TwitchCon 2016 Panel Recap post.
VoD link: https://www.twitch.tv/twitchconfrankerz/v/92237135?t=09m56s
FrankerZ Theater Day One
Participants: GassyMexican, ZombieUnicorn, Margaret Krohn, georgiavanc
- Streaming and voice acting help each other out quite a bit because you’re always busy with your voice and audio.
- Using different voices can make games more entertaining to play and watch.
- Voice acting is a good and fun way to deal with trolls in multiplayer games.
- Use video game characters as a reference point for new voices you’re going to use.
- Some of the introductions into voice acting were making machinima videos, theater, and local radio commercials.
- Livestreams are a great way to try out new voices, practice, and get exposure for your voice acting. Your audience’s reaction will let you know if your voice is working or not.
- It’s happening more and more that casters get contacted by devs because they’ve watched the stream and liked the voices they were doing.
- Try and find a level of comfort where you can keep up the use of a certain voice without destroying it.
- Using a catchphrase helps to get into character.