For the complete list of panels, check out the main TwitchCon 2016 panel recap post.
VoD Link: https://www.twitch.tv/twitchconfrankerz/v/93040407
FrankerZ Theater Day Three
Participants: BurkeBlack, CallofCthulu, General_Mittenz, FuturemanGaming
- Two ways to be a character
- 100% encompass the character and only be that character
- Be that character sometimes, while occasionally being just yourself
- Being a character streamer can go as far as forming the entire channel theme around that character
- Username, graphics, alert sounds, etc
- It’s important to rehearse and know well how your character works so you don’t miss a beat and fall out of character
- Most of the participants are variety streamers and don’t necessarily play games that fit their character.
- Can’t rely just on a unique character/theme to be successful
- Commitment to the character is important
- Game selection, networking, and other factors are just as necessary
- Improvisation and charisma are beneficial skills
- Fully embrace your character and know what your goals are for your channel
- How to maintain energy from being in character for the entire stream?
- Avoid caffeine, it can actually make you last longer and avoid the crash.
- Protein, make sure to eat. Don’t be afraid to take a break for a snack.