For the complete list of panels, check out the main TwitchCon 2016 Panel Recap post.
VoD link: https://www.twitch.tv/twitchconfrankerz/v/92237135?t=01h30m06s
FrankerZ Theater Day One
Participants: Elajjaz, MANvsGAME, DreadedCone, Peeve, JenDenise.
- The beauty of Souls games is that you die a lot and people can see you gradually get better at the game.
- The games are very spoiler heavy, from secrets that you can find to figuring out how to deal with new mobs or bosses. Getting these spoiled in chat takes away from feeling like you achieved something when you do beat a boss and it’s hard to deal with these.
- Finding a mob or boss that is super challenging will give you a feel if you’re gonna like the genre.
- It’s really hard to find the lore in the Dark Souls games, increasing the replay value of the game. Spoilers will actually help you here because of how hard it is to find some of these lore objects because the game doesn’t tell you where to go.
- Making player-run Covenants have made it so you can now group PvP in Dark Souls 3 with your viewers.
- One of the most rewarding features of the Souls games is the seamless invading of other people their worlds, no menus or queues in order to PvP.
- One of the challenges of streaming the Souls games is to not let yourself get distracted by chat, reading chat can easily get you killed.
- In order to deal with a toxic chat, it helps to keep in mind that for every hater in the chat there are 5 lurkers who want to see you succeed and will cheer for you when you kill a boss.