Premium Content Editor
Disclaimer: This is not a call for video editors. We are looking for a written content editor and manager. All video editor applications submitted through this form will be disregarded.
StreamerSquare has begun its next big step into a new chapter with the launch of SolarStream, widening its scope and taking on a whole new challenge while still maintaining the foundation that made them who they are today. As we forge ahead into this new chapter, we are looking for a part-time content editor to work with our Project Manager on content for SolarStream. This Premium Content Editor will be responsible for the editing and managing of written content for modules and courses, as well as managing all tags and SEO for this content.
Responsibilities for this position will include the editing and publishing of modules and courses to the SolarStream website through WordPress, adding or embedding links and calls to action in courses, and coordinating a publication schedule with the Project Manager. The Premium Content Editor will also be responsible for adding pro tips, quotes, alerts, and challenges to new modules and courses, drawing on a library of interviews with current SolarStream contributors and conducting new interviews with new and existing contributors as necessary. Additionally, the Premium Content Editor will be responsible for managing the StreamerSquare Writing Team, with support from the Project Manager.
As a content editor for a brand rooted in the streaming, content creation, and influencer industries, we expect our candidate to be up-to-date with the latest streaming, content creation, and gaming news, as well as industry trends, streaming technologies, and companies with a vested interest in the streaming space.
All applicants must have the following:
- Expertise in using WordPress
- Familiarity with project management software (ClickUp, Asana, JIRA, etc.)
- At least one (1) year of written content editing experience
- Be a self-starter
- Comfortable managing a team of writers
This is a remote, hourly position, working primarily via Discord.
Hours: Flexible; Averaging 15-20 hours per month.
- Manage the flow of all SolarStream content
- Manage the StreamerSquare Writing Team
- Work with Project Manager to develop and maintain content module structure
- Work alongside Project Manager to develop publication timelines for new content
- Post a monthly schedule update and communicate general information to the writing team, and check in regularly with the team for progress updates
- Work with Project Manager to identify new content subjects for courses, modules, etc.
- Edit all written content prior to publication, request changes from writers, suggest edits, and perform updates as necessary
- Add or edit embedded links or calls to action in modules and courses, drawing on related StreamerSquare and SolarStream content
- Request affiliate links to be embedded into courses, as necessary
- Add pro tips, quotes, etc. to courses and modules from interviews with SolarStream contributors
- Request and perform interviews with new SolarStream contributors, as necessary
- Assign creation of featured images and info graphics for courses, as necessary
- Assign all tags and categories to courses and modules
- Manage SEO on all courses and modules prior to publication
- Publish courses and modules to the SolarStream website
- Communicate with StreamerSquare Social Media team about new content calls to action
- Maintain accuracy of content-related tasks in ClickUp
- Review potential writing team applications and communicate with applicants
- Request onboarding credentials from Admin team as needed
Fill out the form below or use this link to submit your application.