As of late a number of OBS users have been reporting issues when attempting to window capture their browser, specifically Google Chrome. To fix this, you need to turn off hardware acceleration in your browser settings.
How to turn off Hardware Acceleration in Google Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome.
- Click Customize and Control Google Chrome > Settings.
- Click on “Show advanced settings” and scroll to the “System” section.
- Uncheck “Use hardware acceleration when available” and restart Google Chrome.
How to turn off Hardware Acceleration in Firefox:
- Open Firefox.
- Open the Menu and click on Options.
- Go to Advanced > General.
- Under the Browsing uncheck the “Use hardware acceleration when available” and restart Firefox.
Source: OBS’ Twitter